With the summer heatwave set to continue, follow our guide to keeping your dog safe and having fun in the summer sun….
- Restrict exercise – walk early in the morning or later in the evening
- Never leave in a car, hot room or sun trap
- Ensure drinking water and a cool, shaded spot is always available (carry water & a bowl with you on walks)
- Spray with cool water
- Make cooling tasty treats by making ice cubes with your dog’s favourite food inside or stuff a kong and pop it in the freezer
- Be particularly careful with short nosed breeds,… Continue reading
On the 25th May 2018, the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) shall come into effect. Under this new law, European standards in data protection shall align with current technology standards. This is good news for all individuals who are affected by data processing and shall maintain standards in relation to the security of your personal data.
We have now updated our Privacy Notice in accordance with the new General Data Protection Regulation.
What this means for you –
- Further protection of your personal data;
- Standardisation of the European data protection; and
- Adoption of data protection in line with technology… Continue reading
Spring has sprung which means a lot more time spent outdoors with our beloved companions. Here are some tips to help you keep your pets safe and healthy;
Spring Plants and Flowers
Watch out for poisonous plants. Species common at this time of year include lilies, daffodils, spring bulbs and azaleas. If you notice any signs of poisoning such as excessive salivation, vomiting, diarrhoea, appearing ‘drunk’ or even collapsing – then contact your vet immediately.
Dogs love spending time in the garden. Make sure that your garden is safe for your dog and be careful if you need… Continue reading
We would like to say a ‘MASSIVE THANK YOU’ to everyone who supported our CHARITY DOG SWIMATHON on Sunday 25th March.
Thank you to everyone who came along and swam their dogs as well as our fantastic sponsors who provided prizes for the Raffle and the Tombola.
With all of your help we raised an amazing £1005.42 for Pensions 4 Paws.
Pensions 4 Paws support retired Police and Fire Dogs from Hampshire Constabulary, Thames Valley Police and Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service. They are run purely by volunteers, so ALL money raised goes to supporting the dogs.
When… Continue reading